Pages

Monday, November 19, 2018

Gratitude Is An Attitude




Every year at Thanksgiving people focus on the blessings they have.  Most forget about them the next day.  Science has proven that when you practice gratitude it improves your self-esteem, makes you more empathetic, helps you to be more resilient and gives you an overall better sense of well-being.  Gratitude has a number of health benefits including; reduced inflammation, better sleep and improved heart health.  
We had an issue with our internet modem yesterday.  The service center was closed on Sunday, so I headed there first thing this morning to pick up a new one.  While waiting in line until they opened, I was surrounded by those that only had negative words to say about this provider.  It really opened my eyes and to look inward to my own actions and words.  Do I speak negativity?  Do I let the actions of the world bring me down?  Of course I do. I began to think what positive actions come from my words.  I thought about those around the world that don't even have running clean water or food to eat. A bad internet connection or their television reception skipping in and out really isn't that important. 
Gratitude is a practice, which turns into an action, which is the foundation of a happy life.

When you wake up in the morning, make a list and speak the things you are grateful for.
Consistency will change your life.

Happy Thanksgiving

BELIEVE IN
KINDNESS

Have a great week.
Judd



No comments:

Post a Comment