Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Recommended Reading 05/06/18

It's recommended reading time again.  I hope you enjoy these posts as much as I do.

Last week I did not post anything as I was busy volunteering at the North Florida Spartan race.  The week before I volunteered to help build/setup the course, always a great time.  Last Sunday, only my grandson raced so I helped with the kid's race.  It was very rewarding seeing the determination and enjoyment those kids were having.  they were covered in sweat, plenty of mud and most had smiling faces.  This my grandson with a high five as he crossed the finish line.


So my first article is on how kids need to get:outdoors as often as possible.
So with getting outdoors and exercising: Are Sports Drinks Safe and effective? 
I have done a few posts on the importance of staying hydrated: Thirsty?Drink Some Water


Most people don't have any idea how much food is wasted every year in the U.S., here is a way we can reduce that amount:10 multi-functional foods to reduce food waste.

Also on the environmental side, back in 2013 a young college dropout, came up with an idea on how to rid the oceans of plastic.  His idea The Ocean Cleanup,  is almost ready.  Five years in the making, its ready to set sail.  Here's another idea on cutting down on plastic bottles in our landfills.  This is the coolest idea ever, meet "Ooho"

The Vegan Junction just published a list of the Top 20 Plant-based Health Professionals to Follow
If you haven't heard of Gary Vaynerchuk, I encourage you to do so.  A hard-driving motivational, media giant he tells it like it is.  Check out a recent post from him: Cheering For Optimism and The Internet

Here's a great video recipe from Happy Pear: Creamy Vegan Casserole

I hope you enjoy the recommendations this month.
Have a great week.
Be kind.
Judd




No comments:

Post a Comment