Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Buddha Bowl

Buddha Bowl

Here is a quick, easy and inexpensive meal.
The great thing about this is there is no set recipe.
A bean, a green and a grain, with veggies.

Line a bowl with a bed of spinach, romaine or chopped kale.  Any green will do.
Rice or grain( quinoa) of your choice (Rice-precooked/day old is best).
Black, Pinto, Red or white beans. Even green peas or chick peas.
Add your choice of veggies like broccoli or cauliflower and red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes.
Anything you have left over in the refrigerator will do.
Sliced avocado.
Asian sweet chili sauce to taste.
And I always sprinkle my seed blend on top.

Quick, easy and very nutritious.

I wish I had a photo, but it's usually gone before I can take one.
It makes a great lunch on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment