Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Spartan Up!

Spartan Up!

I have led a very active life.  Baseball when I was young. Surfing for over 40 years. Over the past twenty years, I have been involved in Mountain Bike racing, Xterra off-road triathlons, Olympic distance triathlons and even Ironman triathlons. 
Late last year a fairly new sport came across my radar.. Obstacle Course Racing.  By my nature, I only wanted to participate in the best of the best. The Spartan Race Series is known to be the Ironman of OCR.  So I dove in headfirst and started learning everything I could. I have now read Spartan Up!  three times and counting.  It will change your life and the way you perceive it.

I signed up for my first (of many to come) last November.  After 4+miles, countless amount of stairs to be climbed in Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, 24 obstacles to overcome and only 120 penalty Burpees, I became a Spartan!  My perception of life's obstacles has completely changed. I can only hope that I can be an influence on those I interact with in my everyday life.

" If you want to change your life, you have to change your frame of reference"

Please watch;

You can listen to short powerful podcasts at:

Becoming a Spartan!


 I am looking forward to doing Spartan Super with our son Jay in October!!

No comments:

Post a Comment