Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2020

2 Super Simple Sunday Recipes




I usually eat avocados 5 out of 7 days per week.  If I was stranded on a desert island, there had better be an avocado tree!  Most everyone has had avocado toast and if you haven't, why the hell not!  There are so many different ways to create avocado toast, you can let your creativity flow.  Our daughter Bree makes an awesome avo toast:
Avocado Toast
Toast 2 Slices whole grain bread.
Mash 1 ripe avocado in a bowl.
Season with ground pepper or we use:
Trader Joe's "Everything but the Bagel Sesame" seasoning blend which is: white and black sesame seeds, sea salt, dried minced garlic, onion and poppy seeds
Spread mixture on toast.
Top it with a Free-range organic egg.
I mostly adhere to a plant-based diet, but occasionally I will have an egg for an additional dose of B12. I guess I am a "veggan".😊
Add a bowl of mixed fresh organic berries.


If I will be working locally the following week, on Sundays I will do a little lunch meal prepping.  
One of my favorite recipes is;
Coconut Ginger Beans and Rice
Prepare one cup rice of your choice.
Prepare beans of your choice and season with spices you like.( cumin, smoked paprika, garlic salt, etc., get creative.
Dice and saute sweet onions in coconut oil.
When rice is done, add 1 tb. each coconut oil, ground ginger and ground turmeric.
Stir in beans and onions.
Cube a small pack of cooked seasoned tofu or "Tossables"
This makes around 4-5 lunches, including bowls or wraps with fresh greens.


Have a great week.
Be kind.
WASH YOUR HANDS
Judd


No comments:

Post a Comment